Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wasted (not that kind of wasted) weekend

Last night I went for a run, ate a healthy dinner and did some cleaning around the apartment. On a FRIDAY night. Yes, I'm scared that the universe is about to explode too.

I am breaking in my new pair of shoes, so I only made it about 5km before having to stop due to the sharp stabbing pain in my right foot. Took off the shoe to discover one of the biggest blisters ever. Awesome. In addition, I've woken up this morning with a sore throat and nasty cough, and have absolutely no medicine to combat either. So my original plan of exploring a bit more of Shanghai has kind of gone out the window. My plan now is:

1. Hobble down the road and buy drugs. Lots of drugs.
2. Hobble slightly further to the big shopping centre to buy myself a DVD player.
3. Watch DVDs all day long and will my body to shake off this sickness so that I can still go out somewhere tonight and gas on (I'm still keeping my priorities in order).

I'll keep you updated.

2 comments: