Thursday, January 8, 2009

One apartment, coming right up

Got my apartment yesterday, and am quite impressed! Two big bedrooms which each have desks and aircon/heating, and a good sized lounge and dining area (complete with amazingly-girly-flower-patterned tablecloth/curtains) . There's an 80cm TV in the living room and a 50cm one in the master bedroom, although with only two English language channels, I won't be using them all that much...well, not until I buy myself a DVD player anyway.

I have a couple of balconies; one contains a table and chairs for when the weather gets warmer, and the other contains my washing machine, believe it or not. The kitchen is a reasonable size too - no oven, but a stove and microwave will do very nicely. The bathroom is bigger than the one I have back home in Australia (although so is every other bathroom in the entire universe). The only problem with the whole place? The mattress in the main bedroom. It feels like I'm sleeping on a slab of concrete. I'll give it a go for a while but may need to buy a new one if I'm going to get a decent night of rest.

The apartment itself is in Shanghai Greentown, which is a massive complex of buildings. It's in a really good area only about 3km from the office, so I've been walking home from work each day but may buy a bike sometime soon and brave the craziness that is Shanghai's roads.

To see where I live in the grand scheme of things, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment