Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Blarg

Blarg. That about sums up how I've been feeling for the past two days.

I started developing some flu-like symptoms last Friday, and went to a pharmacy after work to get some medicine to try to ward off whatever I was catching. I spent the entire weekend in the apartment sleeping a lot and loading up on the cold & flu tablets trying to avoid getting sick. On Sunday night I made myself a tuna casserole, which tasted delicious at the time (it's one of the few dishes I actually make well), and I put the leftovers in a container in the fridge for a meal the next day. Monday passed without incident, and I polished off the rest of the casserole that evening. That's when things went downhill.

I woke up at about 1am feeling flushed, and my bowels told me that I'd better make it to the bathroom in record time. I spent the remainder of the night on and off the toilet, and had Tuesday off as a result. Unfortunately, my condition didn't really improve at all on Tuesday, and I spent most of the day on the couch in a cold sweat with my stomach making the sort of noises that I expect a volcano does just before erupting. I got practically no sleep at all last night, which led to me having today off as well.

Around noon today things took a turn for the better - I started vomiting. While this may not sound that good, it seems like it got all the bad stuff out of my system, as I'm now feeling (marginally) better than I was before. I'm hoping to get a decent night's sleep and get back to work tomorrow. Sooner or later I may even eat something.

This whole being sick without being hungover thing doesn't happen to me all that often. I think I actually prefer the hangover version.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent Andy! There's nothing quite as entertaining as trying to retain explosive diarrhea while violently vomiting.

    I had the same problem in Shenzen - only mine was from a raw chicken meal that was a couple of weeks past it's use-by date. The only cure is........dare I say it....McDonalds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. McDonalds was definitely the answer. In fact, I may well partake in the same cure today.

    ReplyDelete